Madame Tussauds Museum

+6626580060
989 Rama 1 Road, Pathumwan, 6F Siam Discovery Center
www.madametussauds.com/

Bangkok's Madame Tussauds Museum was the first branch of the international chain of wax museums to appear in Southeast Asia. It is situated on the sixth floor of the Siam Dicovery shopping mall, right in the center of the capital. Visits to the museum represent a captivating tour of the world of celebrity, including rendezvous with famous musicians and actors, heads of states, public figures, legendary artists and even kings.

Bangkok's Madame Tussauds Museum features about 100 exhibits, with 70% of these international stars and the remaining 30% Thai celebrities. All of the figures were made with amazing accuracy and strike a remarkable resemblance with their subjects. The production of each statue takes several months, costing about 30 000 dollars.

The exhibits are arranged into themes: politics, science and art, history, sport, television, cinema and music. The museum even has its own red carpet, where the most beautiful Hollywood faces emerge: Johnny Depp, Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman, Leonardo DiCaprio, Julia Roberts, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Asian stars such as Jackie Chan and Michelle Yeoh also form part of the group. The hall dedicated to eminent historical figures features copies of important personalities, such as the former Chinese President Mao Zedong, the current President Hu Jintao and the U.S. President Barack Obama.

Figures of footballer David Beckham, boxer Khao Galaxy and basketball player Yao Ming can also be seen in the sports pavilion. Meanwhile, copies of Madonna, Michael Jackson, Britney Spears and Beyonce are exhibited in the hall of music. A further, luxuriously decorated hall is dedicated to Thailand’s rulers and is worthy of special attention. It features waxworks of the current King, Bhumibol Adulyadej, as well as statues of other people that have influenced the kingdom’s history. A separate hall is dedicated to the history of the museum, explaining the life and work of its owner and inspirer, Madam Tussauds herself, as well as showing the various stages of the wax figures’ creation.

The main difference between Madame Tussauds Museum and other wax museums lies in its interactivity. Not only can one admire its exhibits, but also touch and hug them, with guests even allowed to take pictures in some specially selected costumes and accessories. The Bangkok museum in particular offers the opportunity to play basketball with the giant Yao Ming, to sit at a table with the U.S. President Barack Obama, to practice kung fu with Bruce Lee, to become a guest on the Oprah Winfrey Show, have a cup coffee with George Clooney or to get piano lessons from Beethoven.

Getting there. Take the ground metro to the station Siam.

Average rating
8
Ratings: 90
Ratings

 

Click here to rate
Reviews
Reviews: 90
Erna

Banyak yg berubah posisi patung lilinnya

11.02.2018  
0
Khristi

Located at Siam Mall 4th floor. Use BTS stop at Siam or taxi (remember always say use meter). Free Ice Age film 4D. Use internet to get cheaper ticket.

04.12.2017  
0
Muwafag

It's going down

15.06.2017  
0
hentytvc

Very well located, if you dont into shopping, this place can be your alternative. Even the security can do the prank. I thought he was a wax for real

13.05.2017  
0
Rafael

Estátuas de cera com ênfase em personalidades do oriente.

19.04.2017  
0
Andi

O yeah its a great place

18.06.2016  
0
husna

The figures look so real!! I wish there'll make a Super Junior though

01.04.2016  
0
web tasarım

kredi kartı numaraları ---->

29.12.2015  
0
Hendra

Good place to go

21.12.2015  
0
oshi

Its worth to take if you go to Bangkok,, get 50%discount if you buy online and go before noon,,

21.11.2015  
0
Rajiv

Excellent place to take funny pictures with *celebrities*!

19.11.2015  
1
Mike

Very small - at the Thai resident rate it's ok - but if I paid the full tourist rate I'd be really unhappy. If u live in Thailand take your passport or driving Licence to get a sensible price.

14.11.2015  
0
Rosi Julyetha

Whooaaa... nice place!

18.10.2015  
0
Rossi

Fantastic great fum for the family

17.10.2015  
0
Aung

Nice place for photos and to hang out with your friends.

13.10.2015  
0
Faith

don't let the staff take ur photo with their camera, let them take ur photo using your own device.

29.09.2015  
0
Andy

House of wax

28.08.2015  
0
Jeffrey

This place was absolutely awesome. All the popular music, art, and politicians were realistically waxed. I am coming back for more.

16.08.2015  
0
Jen

I went here for Taylor Swift but she doesn't look real compared to the rest. She looks like a mannequin. Everybody looks real though!

18.07.2015  
0
Illy

WAAAAAY WAAAY WAAAAAAAAAY BETTER THAN THE ONES IN LONDON AND SINGAPORE.

07.06.2015  
0